Q) What Notebook should I select?
A: Both Option 1 and 2 are great choices. We believe that both devices are a good fit for any student attending WSSC. Each option has 8+ hours battery life and are designed for use in a school environment. Option 1 is our preferred choice for all students and is the least expensive option.
Q) What is the difference between the Ultrabook and Education Notebook Models?
A: Both options have near identical specifications. The main difference is the Option 1 Education notebook does not operate in a tablet mode like the Option 2 Ultrabook does. The Option 1 Education notebook is however a more robust design and is around $255 cheaper than the Option 2 Ultrabook.
Q: Am I paying for a “Notebook” or “Access/rental to a notebook”?
A: Your initial payment is buying access or “rental” to your selected Notebook option. This includes all the Wodonga Senior Secondary College software titles, technical/warranty and accidental damage support, printing and internet access. This notebook will be your device to use whilst you attend Wodonga Senior Secondary College as a student 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you have finished at Wodonga Senior Secondary College you are able to return the notebook to the College, or you may have an option to purchase the device for a $5 payment
Q: Can I use my own XYZ brand notebook?
A: Personal notebook are not supported by the school, although they can be brought to school for use as a reference device. Only notebooks purchased through the WSSC Notebook Purchasing portal will be compatible with all the software and services provided by the school. These devices have been specifically selected and tested to fulfil the following categories.
- Compatible with the WSSC Wireless network
- 3 Year onsite Warranty including Accidental damage (To cover broken screens, keyboards, etc.).
- Battery capacity to enable the device to be used for the full school day without being charged.
- Protected with enterprise level Anti-Virus and Malware protection
- Access to crucial subject specific licensed software titles.
- Bulk and Education discount pricing
- Onsite stock of repair parts and standby loan notebooks.
- Backup facilities to the WSSC Network
- Designed for Student use over a 3 year period
- Automatic Backup of all school documents. Work saved on your notebook is instantly available on the school desktops and vice versa.
Q: What laptop options are available?
A: The following Options are available (Detailed information on each model is available via the purchasing portal)
Option 1 Education Notebook – Dell Latitude 3310
- 13 Inch touch screen display, 8-hour battery life, rugged design.
- Currently $1140, or $985 with Health Care Card Discount
Option 2 Ultrabook – Dell Latitude 3310 – 2 in 1 tablet,
- 13 Inch touch screen display tablet, 8-hour battery life
- Currently $1,240.
Q: What payment options will be available?
A: A number of different payment plans will be available, these will include, credit card payment, direct bank transfer, over the counter cash or card payment at the school office, and CentrePay payment plan.
Q: What access do students have on the notebook?
A: All Students are to abide by the WSSC “Cyber Safety and Acceptable Use Agreement” (available on the Purchase Portal and via the School Office). Students will have full administrative access to their notebook and can install any additional programs they want, provided it is in line with the “Cyber Safety and Acceptable Use Agreement”
Q: When will the notebooks be supplied?
A: This will depend on when you have purchased your notebook
- For purchases made before the 30th of October 2020, your notebook can be ready for delivery before Christmas.
- Orders placed after the 30th of October, your notebook will be ready on the first day of 2020, or around 4 weeks after the order has been placed in 2021
Q: What happens when you leave the school?
A: With all previous notebook programs, students have had the option to return the notebook to the school, or have had the option to buy the device for a $5 payment. Any remaining onsite warranty will still be valid anywhere in Australia. It will however need to have the schools software removed and returned to the factory settings. We expect this to also be an option for the 2021 program
Q: What is the accidental Damage Cover?
A: Accidental Damage is an insurance policy that will cover damage to your notebook that is deemed accidental. This might include broken: LCD screens, latches, hinges, speakers, keyboard, etc. Damage that is deemed non-accidental will not be covered by this policy. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) can be found on the purchasing portal page for this product. Currently One Accidental damage claim can be processed each year.
Q: What cost is there for an Accidental damage claim?
A: There is a $0 excess fee for each damage claim, maximum of 1 claims per calendar year from the date of purchase.
Q: Where can I get more information?
A: Contact the School’s IT Team. In person at the College Office on Brockley Street, or on 0260 437 500